General Summary: The Church and Corporate Engagement Coordinator will tell the story of Morningstar Children’s Home and create opportunities for church and business teams to be a part of our service to Georgia’s children. This position will develop and implement strategies to generate awareness of Morningstar and recruit volunteer and financial partners to support current needs and growth plans of the organization. Because Morningstar has offices in Brunswick and Perry, GA, and serves children from across the state, this position involves travel and speaking with groups throughout Georgia.
Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, public relations, non-profit management, or related field.
· Experience working as paid or volunteer staff in a Christian faith-based organization
· Experience in non-profit advancement in areas of corporate donor cultivation, solicitation, stewardship.
· Polished and effective oral and written communication skills.
· Self-directed with exceptional organizational skills, able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
· Strong interpersonal skills: able to connect with people one-on-one as well as speak with passion and confidence with a group.
· Allowable Substitutions: Any combination of experience, training or credential certification endorsement that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the work, as determined by Morningstar Children and Family Services. Qualifying work experience may substitute for the education requirement.